The Retro-Guy Code:
* A Retro-Guy, no matter what the women insists, pays for the date.
* A Retro-Guy DEALS with IT--be it a flat tire, a burglar, or a natural disaster, you DEAL WITH IT.
* A Retro-Guy not only eats red meat, he often kills it himself.
* A Retro-Guy should know how to properly kill stuff (or people) if need be. This falls under the "DEALING WITH IT" portion of The Code.
* A Retro-Guy is allowed to seek professional help for major mental stress such as drug/alcohol addiction, death of your entire family in a freak tree chipper accident, favorite bird dog expiring, etc. You are NOT allowed to see a shrink because Daddy didn't pay enough attention to you. Daddy was busy DEALING WITH IT.
* A Retro-Guy should have at least one good wound he can brag about.
* A Retro-Guy knows that owning a gun is NOT a sign you're riddled with fear. Guns are TOOLS: See "DEALING WITH IT."
* When a Retro-Guy is on a crowded bus and ANY woman gets on, that Retro-Guy stands up and offers his seat to that woman, then looks around at the other so-called men still in their seats with a disgusted look on his face.
* A Retro-Guy will also give up his seat to any elderly person or person in military dress, except officers above second lieutenant. (NOTE: The person in military dress may turn down the offer but the Retro-Guy will ALWAYS make the offer to them and thank them for serving their country.)
* A Retro-Guy knows how to say the Pledge properly, and the words to the Star Spangled Banner.
* A Retro-Guy sharpens his own knives and knows how to use tools.
* A Retro-Guy owns tools, usually lots of 'em.
* A Retro-Guy doesn't need a contract--a handshake is good enough.
* A Retro-Guy will take care of his neighbor's yard when said neighbor is deployed overseas on military duty.
* A Retro-Guy doesn't immediately look to sue someone when he does something stupid and hurts himself. We understand sometimes--in the process of doing things--we get hurt and just DEAL WITH IT.